I have submitted the game into my Google Play Console to test it directly from there.

And after some tuning with the Expansion files (yes you can only upload 100 Mb as primary file, the rest of the assets being put in an “expansion file”), the game can be downloaded from there and run perfectly from the different Android devices I have tested it on. So I am just awaiting for some translations for the game and the release date will come soon.

I have also managed to port the game onto iOS. Thanks to libgdx and robovm, this has been done smoothly. A very few little hiccups but nothing I could not fix within a day.

The test I did on an old iPhone 5 shows that the game performs superbly well on that device. I am now awaiting for Apple to confirm my Developer account to post on the Apple Store and do some TestFlight to collect data on different iOS devices as well.

Things are going pretty smoothly !

It has been 2 years since my last post. I had tough time to keep the website alive while I was developing, keeping being active on Twitter, and working on my daily main job as well as taking care of my family.

So much has been done since then. The game has gotten a new face.
And I am happy to announce I am very close to release an alpha version on the Google Play Store (Android).
The alpha version will approximatively contain 3/4 of the full game for 20+ hours playable.

What is remaining to actually release on the Play store:
– My writer/journalist wife is rewriting all the texts
– Get some new languages in the game in addition of English. For now I will focus on: French, German, Polish, Italian and Spanish.
– Increase the capacity of my AWS server for the online part of the game as it is now running on the free tier which is good but very limited.
– Prepare the release on the store: Localization, pictures and kickass video trailer (this part will be commissioned), get it validated by Google…

What’s next?
– Port my game created with Libgdx onto iOS thanks to Robovm
– Finish the last 1/4 of the game.

I will keep this website updated, at least more often !!

(Credit: Naresa Dizon)

Timelapse

Here are the designer’s notes about the video:

“Conceptualization stage.
Request written summary:

– Robot anthropomorphic salamander/snake/dragon.
– an inspiration image was provided by the client.
– open to be creative around the idea.

Artist’s notes:
I forgot to record while I was conceptualizing on the anatomy part. but anyhow from that point onward, here’s the timelapse.
I erase details at times if I don’t find it fitting.
Also, since I’ll be animating it soon as well, I need to consider each part as something I can easily animate.”

Conceptualization stage.Request written summary:- Robot anthropomorphic salamander/snake/dragon.- an inspiration image was provided by the client.- open to be creative around the idea.Artist's notes:I forgot to record while I was conceptualizing on the anatomy part. but anyhow from that point onward, here's the timelapse.I erase details at times if I don't find it fitting.Also, since I'll be animating it soon as well, I need to consider each part as something I can easily animate.Thank you for watching!http://monbotsgame.comhttp://naresadizon.wixsite.com/portfolio

Gepostet von Resa Dizon am Montag, 2. April 2018

(Credit: Naresa Dizon)

Timelapse

I wanted to share a video made by the designer, Naresa, who is making all my character’s designs.
As detailed in the previous post, she is using Photoshop for the drawing, Adobe Illustrator for the colouring and Spine 2D for the animation part.
You can see how great she is with these tools in the video.
Also, a special mention for Dark Fantasy Studio to whom I have bought the music played in the video.